Wednesday 27 July 2011

My Lounge room

Inspiration for lounge walls

I have a 1940-50's style house small & cosy, with beautiful Jarrah floor boards & high ceiling, so when i came to decorating, my husband & I decided to go with a bit of old world charm...

I originally wanted stripped wall paper but hubby was dead against it, instead he painted it for me :-)  & in our family we love photos so i had to have a photo wall/s.
With our new chandelier BEFORE painting


Inspiration for lounge walls
 









We Painted the walls with a 1/4 Beige & the stripe  in full beige .

AFTER the painting Almost finished, new furniture & more pictures
Hubby Painting my stripes... So clever :-)








Inspiration Chandelier & chairs








We are "Slowly" building an extension on the back of the house, once that is done we can move the lounge out of this room into the back room & get new furniture for our old world sitting room.


We want new furniture for this room & are looking for a Black buttoned velvet winged back sitting chair & foot stool & also a Black velvet buttoned chaise lounge or one equally nice in similar style.





No comments:

Post a Comment